Welcome to another super fun kids summer bubble activity! This one is called the Giant Bubble Snakes. This was super easy and everyone had fun. I think the kids
- Empty water bottles (I suggest stronger bottles, if you use really cheap ones the pressure of the rubber band will cause them to crumble.)
- Old washcloth
- Rubber Bands
- Bubbles (Don’t have any? There’s a recipe at the bottom of this post!)
1. Cut bottom off of your plastic bottle. Cut fabric into a circle large about 2 inches larger than the bottom of the bottle.
2. Put washcloth piece over bottom of bottle and secure with a rubber band. (I suggest using strong bottles as mine were a little flimsy and kept crumbling under the pressure.)
3. Line them all up on the counter and tell a 6 year old boy that you can’t tell him what they are, it’s a surprise…..wait for him to ask another 20 times what they are…then let him go out side and see for himself! Sorry, I like to have a little fun myself from time to time ;o)
3. Put some bubbles in a bowl and dip washcloth end of bottle into solution. We found less is more here, don’t get it too soppy wet, or it just drips out the bottom.
Keep a close eye on your Teeny Tots, you’ll see why in the next step…don’t you love that outfit….oh she’s truly one of a kind!
4. Gently blow into open end of bottle. TAKE CARE NOT TO SUCK IN THROUGH BOTTLE! You will end up with a mouth full of bubbles! Yuck!
No bubbles? Make your own!
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1/3 cup dawn dishwashing liquid
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup or sugar
Hope you have fun this summer! Relax, let your kids be kids…and make sure to join in the fun! It makes the bubble mess more tolerable ;o)